The Guelph and Area Ontario Health Team (OHT) was one 158 Ontario teams that submitted an application to the Ministry of Health for consideration. Of those submissions, 31, including Guelph, were invited to the next step and submit a full application by Oct. 9. So far, 17 healthcare organizations* in Guelph and surrounding area have become core members of the new Guelph and Area Ontario Health Team (Guelph and Area OHT).
In developing our submission, numerous engagement sessions have been held over the past number of months involving patients, families, persons with lived experience, clinicians and other health care providers. From those meetings, the first two local priority populations were identified – palliative care and mental health & addictions.
In June, 2021, our Ontario Health Team was expanded to include partners from Rural Wellington and renamed the Guelph Wellington OHT.
The Guelph Wellington Ontario Health Team (GW OHT) is, in part, funded through support from the Ministry of Health.
Guelph Wellington Ontario Health Team Partners
Direct Core Partners
• East Wellington Family Health Team
• Guelph Family Health Team
• Guelph Community Health Centre
• Minto-Mapleton Family Health Team
• Mount Forest Family Health Team
• Upper Grand Family Health Team
• Guelph General Hospital
• Groves Memorial Community Hospital
• North Wellington Health Care -Louise Marshall Hospital & Palmerston & District Hospital
Mental Health and Addictions:
• Canadian Mental Health Association Waterloo-Wellington
• eHealth Centre of Excellence
|Long-term Care Home:|
• St. Joseph’s Health Centre Guelph
• The Elliott Community
• Traverse Independence
• Home and Community Support Services Waterloo Wellington
• Hospice Wellington
• Guelph Wellington Physician Association
• GW OHT Patient & Family Advisory Council
Enabling Core Partners
|Guelph Wellington Paramedic Services|
Homewood Health Centre
Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Public Health
|University of Guelph|
ARCH ARCH-HIV/Aids Resources Community Health
Bayshore Home Health
Caressant Care (Arthur, Fergus and Harrison)
CBI Home Health
Centre Wellington Community Resource Centre
Closing the Gap Healthcare Group
Compass Community Services
East Wellington Community Services
Guelph Independent Living
Mango Tree Family Health Team
ParaMed Home Health Care
Right at Home Canada
Seniors Centre For Excellence
Saint Elizabeth Health Care
St. Joseph’s Home Care
The Villages of Riverside Glen
Thresholds Homes and Supports
University of Guelph Academic
University of Guelph Student Wellness
Victorian Order of Nurses
- Support Guelph & Area health system partners in their work and are committed to collaborating and supporting the ongoing work of the Guelph Wellington Ontario Health Team.
- Believes Guelph Wellington Ontario Health Team partnership will lead to better patient and population health outcomes; better patient, family and caregiver experience; better provider experience; and better value in our local health care system.
- Support the direction of the GW OHT and will collaborate with the Team as we provide care to our mutual patients/clients/residents.
To become a “Community Partner” of the GW OHT and be added to our newsletter and information distribution lists please let us know who you are by filling out this form: GW OHT Community Partner Application Form
Once the form is completed, please send to: emmi.perkins@guelphwellingtonOHT.com